Sunday, January 27, 2013

And All the Stars by Andrea Höst

And All the Stars by Andrea Höst
[Published September 30th, 2012 by Andrea Höst. 204 pages.] 


Review: It's so hard not to give this five stars for the ending alone, but in the middle there was a time in which I grew bored and felt myself not wanting to read it as much as I had in the beginning. Thus the four star rating. Once I got through that snag though, everything happened in brilliant quick succession and I don't regret it for a minute.

This is a breath of fresh air in a highly saturated genre. Höst twisted it and gave it a unique spin. It's worth the read, even if you're just sick of post-apocalyptic stories--here's one that takes place in the heat of it.

That last part of the book sucked me in so completely, I swear the last time I looked at the clock it was ten, and when I finally resurfaced, dazed, it was midnight. Thank you Andrea Höst, for a dazzling trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment